Up to 8 delegates
Aimed at those who have to facilitate groups, (in the context of meetings, conferences etc), to help them problem solve, conduct discussions etc. It is frequently run in preparation for a specific event, and in such cases the content is adapted for that specific purpose.
These skills have a broader application, helping participants to move away from a directional style to a more participative style, when this is appropriate for the development and maturity of the group.
The content is as follows:
- What is facilitation and the role of the facilitator
- Matching facilitation style to the group
- Group dimensions/Life cycle
- Key skills- explanation and practice exercises:
- Empathy and trust
- Active listening
- Questioning skills
- Energising the group – Brain Gym
- Handling the different personality types in a group
- Practical facilitation exercise and individual feedback
- Individual development plans in preparation for specific event (if appropriate)