The following options can be run separately or combined depending on the requirements of the delegate group.
I.e. Whether they train other staff on a one to one basis only or also in group situations.
One To One Instruction/Coaching
Up to 10 delegates
Aimed at developing the delegates’ understanding of the process of learning, and the conditions required to make that as effective as possible in the workplace. On this basis delegates learn the processes of planning and carrying out one to one instruction and coaching sessions.
The focus is on the benefits of a systematic approach to training.
The content is as follows:
- Welcome/Introductions/Objectives/Course style
- Understanding learning and change – Transition Curve
- Learning – what is it ?
- The human brain – how it absorbs information, retains it and most easily recalls it, learning through the senses
- What gets in the way of learning / issues of training adults
- Understanding the Learning cycle – Learning Styles – exercises/questionnaire – implications for training – feedback/discussion
- One-To-One Instruction v Coaching – what is the difference/when is each appropriate?
- The process and approach to one-to-one instruction
- Practical exercise in 3’s – planning, carrying out, receiving feedback
- Coaching – associations, benefits (particularly with adults)
- Coaching process – exercise
- Practical exercise – planning, carrying out, receiving feedback
Group Training Skills
(3 days total when run in conjunction with One to One Instruction and Coaching Skills)
Up to 10 delegates
- As Trainer Skills above
- Group Training – similarities/differences to one to one training
- Handling an audience – types, approaches
- Planning/Preparing a session
- Structure of a session
- Keeping attention – use of visual aids
- Homework between day two and day three : delegates choose a subject and gather information materials for their session
- Preparation time – all delegates prepare to run a 15 minute group training session
- (Day Three)Handling nerves – exercises
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Group Training Sessions – individual sessions followed by feedback
- Course Summary – key learning/action points going forward