(Standalone course or incorporated with other HR or man management skills courses)
(Typically 1 day)
Up to 10 delegates
This course is designed to supplement other man-management development training by specifically looking at how to effectively handle performance issues in the workplace.
It focuses on seeing ‘people’ issues as important enough, firstly to give them the TIME, and secondly, to put the SKILLS in place to handle them better.
The course is about handling human interaction and the basis of the course is Transactional Analysis.
The content is as follows:
- Welcome/personal objectives/issues in the workplace
- Ignoring behaviour – the surest way to drive down performance
- Formal performance review mechanisms in-company
- Issues and Effects of failure to manage performance
- Understanding PARENT, ADULT and CHILD Ego states
- Explanation of Transactional Analysis – impact of each state in workplace relationships
- Review of own ‘Communication style’
- Transaction types – Complementary, Crossed, Ulterior
- ‘Hooking’ Adult behaviour in others
- Recognising and handling ‘Game playing’
- Putting It Into Practice exercise – reviewing a pre-course experience and achieving different outcomes
- Personal Action Plans