run 6-8 weeks apart allowing delegates to implement initial learning
What’s Different About This Course?
The content, structure and overall length of this course combine to enable delegates to make lasting changes to how they handle themselves in work/business situations.
What Changes Can Delegates/Line Managers Expect As A Result Of The Course?
Delegates work on ‘real’ issues, some arising from pre-course feedback from colleagues, discussions with line manager or personal assessment. Consequently, the changes delegates achieve are related to their own objectives, often aimed at forming new, more helpful, habits of behaviour.
Previous delegates have experienced
- Feeling more assertive, persuasive and in control in work meetings
- Having a more flexible style/approach when handling difficult customers/colleagues
- Taking time to consider and deliver an appropriate response to work issues and avoiding the ‘knee-jerk’ reaction
- Having improved self confidence and self image which has enabled them to perform better in their roles
- Improved ability to manage and motivate their teams through better communication and regular quality, feedback
- Being able to advise and help other colleagues in their handling of situations
What Are the Likely Benefits to The Business?
People who are successful don’t just have good ideas and work hard – they know how to get the best from themselves and from other people.
Businesses that are successful invest in the development of their managers’ personal resources and interpersonal skills and in doing so, not only improve the performance and productivity of those individuals, but also the people that report into them.
In addition, in a competitive labour market, development of people is not only about maximising productivity and profitability, it is an important factor in retaining them and keeping them motivated.
Objectives of the course are to enable delegates to: