Up to 12 delegates
Developed and delivered with Amanda Wilson from Lakes HR.
Developed on the basis of the client company’s terms and conditions of employment and specifically its own disciplinary procedures, it is also based on ACAS guidelines and takes account of recent and upcoming legal changes and case law.
The aim of the course is to make line managers more responsible and confident in dealing with disciplinary issues and make appropriate use of company HR/Personnel professionals.
The suggested pre-course work also makes delegates very familiar with their in-company documentation.
The content is as follows:
- Welcome/personal objectives/key questions to be answered with regard to disciplinary matters
- Purpose of disciplinary procedures
- Quiz to review knowledge of organisation’s procedures
- Counselling v Disciplinary – differences/uses
- Levels Of Disciplinary action – warning life/process
- Understanding Capability procedure ( as appropriate)
- Preparing to conduct a disciplinary meeting – checking ‘rules’, preparing key questions (exercise)
- Format of a disciplinary meeting
- Case Studies (tailored to likely situations within client organsiation) – preparing to conduct a disciplinary meeting, making a decision based on the facts and presenting that decision correctly
- Follow Up /Appeals
- Review objectives/questions raised